End Game: Best Strategy to Farm Stones?

By End Game, I'm referring to having reached late Inferno Difficulty/Dark Difficulty, ideally with a full Inferno set, or conceivably with all 89-Tier 15 Legendary gear.

Dark Difficulty finally made it able to grind enough gold to spend all the Fire, Iron, and Magic Stones that a few hundred thousand enemies have dropped in the last two months, and now stones have become a limiting factor in further growth.  I'm regretting having devoted so many resources to lower level gear, as there is no way to recover those hundreds of stones, while the money can be earned back relatively easily now.

I'm finding myself alternating between grinding the highest stage in Dark Difficulty I can consistently beat (3 if I'm paying attention, 2 if I'm dividing my focus) to earn gold at the highest rate possible, then switching to Inferno 9-9 to ensure a high chance of 4-5 items every run to increase the rate of stones dropping.  I'll spend half a day of game time building up 15 million gold, then another half a day where my net gold gain is negative and eventually I lack the money for the next upgrade.

I'm wondering how other people in the same point of the game have been handling the introduction of this other limiting factor.

F
S
thats why i gave up .. its nothing but grinding for stones lategame. just autobattle while watching tv or making dinner. no fun at all anymore. especially for ios . android gets updates every week with some new little features but ios is 1 update a month. thats why i tryed to figure out how to get "more" stones. ;)