Hey! Plz fix my primary account

It’s been a while after my primary account broke. I tried contacting with Naboo but they kept asking for my player ID. I wasn’t sure what that was because the only thing I was using to log in was my gamecenter which is 53Ignite. My player name is Ignite. Please help, thanks.
Whenever I try to log in on it it just gets stuck on “validating user data”
Otherignite
Whenever I try to log in on it it just gets stuck on “validating user data”

The Player can be found on the lower right part of the loading screen when you run the game. Thank you.

NANOO GAMES
The Player can be found on the lower right part of the loading screen when you run the game. Thank y...
Is there anything that you guys can do to help with this problem because I was so good on my account and I was having so much fun but I don’t want to lose my progress
Otherignite
Is there anything that you guys can do to help with this problem because I was so good on my account...
That accounts player ID is 437C5EA1-7DD6-44E3-B948-E0E3BCEAF782 if that helps
Otherignite
That accounts player ID is 437C5EA1-7DD6-44E3-B948-E0E3BCEAF782 if that helps

The ID 437C5EA1-7DD6-44E3-B948-E0E3BCEAF782 does not show up on our database. Have you given us the correct number?

NANOO GAMES
The ID 437C5EA1-7DD6-44E3-B948-E0E3BCEAF782 does not show up on our database. Have you given us the ...
The 0 in the last section might be an o but it is hard to see. Other than that it is all correct.
Otherignite
The 0 in the last section might be an o but it is hard to see. Other than that it is all correct.

We have replaced the '0' with 'O', but the data still does not show up. A screenshot of the data may help us in this case. Thank you.

NANOO GAMES
We have replaced the '0' with 'O', but the data still does not show up. A screenshot of the data may...

I hope this helps
Otherignite
I hope this helps

If using an Android device, have you tried the following? Please try if you have not.

On the Android home screen:

- Go to the Settings

- Click on Apps

- Find the All tab (if your system doesn't show you all apps by default)

- Choose FPS.io

- Clear Data

Run the game after doing so and see if it works.

Thanks.